The Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO) is a peer advisory forum for women presidents of multi-million-dollar companies. Women business leaders encounter unique challenges and deserve a supportive resource that provides the knowledge and skills to excel.
The WPO is the ultimate affiliation for successful women entrepreneurs (presidents, CEOs, managing directors) of privately held multimillion-dollar companies. The WPO's mission is to accelerate business growth, enhance competitiveness, and promote economic security through confidential and collaborative peer-learning groups.
Through the WPO, members learn to grow their businesses to the next level. Frequently, before joining the organization, these accomplished women business leaders feel as though it is lonely at the top. At the WPO, accomplished women entrepreneurs find support, empowerment, inspiration, and the precious ability to tap into the wisdom of their peers.
The WPO strives to:
- Develop innovative solutions to business challenges through sharing experiences and expertise in a confidential environment.
- Provide continuing education in business and leadership through confidential forums where women presidents can connect and communicate.
- Advance the influence of women in the business community by increasing the visibility of women presidents on the local, national, and international levels.
- Celebrate the success of women presidents, accelerate their business growth, and enhance their competitiveness.
- Reenergize and revitalize women presidents, leading to a more productive balance in work and life.
- Headquartered in New York City, WPO has more than eighty chapters worldwide and more than one thousand members.
To join the WPO executive team, Mary Jane had to meet WPO’s rigorous criteria: significant insight into small business and second stage entrepreneurship, recognition in the local business community, and a commitment to supporting women in business. Mary Jane’s WPO responsibilities include planning an agenda for her chapters’ monthly meetings, facilitating groups, and leading members to help each other create greater success in their businesses and their lives. Involvement in WPO gives Mary Jane significant exposure to successful women executives and their issues, providing her with a platform as an informed coach with relevant and current experience.
“Mary Jane helped launch the Seattle chapter in 2002 and the Bellevue Chapter in 2007. She brings presence, strength, and insight to our members, helping them help each other move to the next level of leadership, business growth, career, and life.”
—Marsha Firestone, Ph.D., founder and president, Women Presidents’ Organization
“I am constantly reminded each time I attend, how valuable and different this group is. I truly appreciate the education and support I am receiving through WPO.”
—member, Women Presidents’ Organization
“I’m passionate about my WPO Groups. WPO is where I received my real world MBA. It’s my laboratory for cutting edge ideas and professional development. Most of all, serving emerging female leaders is how I give back.”
—Mary Jane Pioli
certified professional coach